Your Library Card
Who can get a library card, how to apply, and how to use your library card.
Use this space to write out the policies and procedures about the library card. Include:
- Residents of Hedrick Martinsburg are eligible for a library card. If you live in a town that has a library and that library participates in Open Access you may get a library card from Hedrick Public Library. If you have questions about Open Access Please feel free to contact the library and we will find out for you.
- You need is a valid drivers license or a bill with your correct address. For patrons under the age of 14 a parent must sign the child up for a library card.
- How to use the library card
- Checking out books and other materials
- You may borrow 6 book and 2 movies. Books and magazines can be checked out for a period of 21 days. Movies can be check out for 4 days.
- Books and magazines may be dropped off in the book drop outside the library at any time. DVD's must be brought directly into the library. If a DVD is put in the drop box a $1.00 fine will be added to your library account.
- To renew an item you may call or come into the library. You are allowed 1 renew per item. If you need additional renewals please talk directly with the librarian.
- There is a $.10 daily charge for books overdue and a $1.00 daily charge for DVD's.
- Hedrick Public Library participates in Inter Library Loans. If you would like to make a request please ask the librarian for a form to fill out and they will try to get the item for you. Once it is received we will call you to let you know the item you requested is in.